Friday, November 8, 2019

Financial Freedom Blog Post #2

Hello again!

It's me, Into the FIRE. How have you been?

Chapter 2 of Financial Freedom does not have any action steps (although it does have valuable information, so I do recommend picking up a copy - or borrowing it from the library if you are trying to be frugal!).


So, I've done a little cheat here and named this "Blog Post #2" even though I'll be answering questions from Chapter 3.

I do hope you will forgive me!

In any case, on to the meat of the matter!

Here are the questions from Chapter 3:

1) What does a perfect day look like to you?
2) What are your current annual expenses?
3) What is "your number"? (This is 25 times or 30 times your annual expenses.)
4) What is your annual, monthly, weekly and daily savings goal?

Today we will only tackle question 1.

To me, there are two types of perfect days.

One type doesn't cost very much money.

The other type is a luxurious, balls-to-the-wall (if you'll pardon the expression), crazy extravagant kind of day.

A perfect (low-cost) day would be as follows:

Wake up late (or leisurely). Floss, brush teeth, use a Waterpik flosser (I really recommend those! ;) ). Pet or cuddle with a pet or a spouse. Eat an amazingly delicious home-cooked breakfast (or anything tasty, really. But something healthy). Paint for one to two hours. Go to the gym. Read a book while exercising. Go home. Eat a delicious healthy home-cooked lunch (does not need to be expensive). Take a nice walk with my husband while admiring nature. Go home. Read a book, knit, read Japanese manga, watch a TV show or stream something. Plan a vacation. Relax in a deep-soaking tub or go to a Japanese bath. Floss, brush teeth, use the Waterpik (gotta use the Waterpik). Listen to Weightless by Marconi Union - that's a neat little trick to help you fall asleep, fall asleep and dream a beautiful dream.

If you're having trouble falling asleep, I really recommend Weightless (Ambient Transmissions Vol.2) by Marconi Union. It's helped me immensely.

A perfect crazy high-end super luxurious day is surprisingly similar and looks like this (to me):

Wake up late (or leisurely). Floss, brush teeth, use a Waterpik flosser. Pet or cuddle with a pet or a spouse. Eat whatever the hell I want (a few examples, like Pizza Potato chips, seriously those chips are sooo tasty! some other chips I had recently are Thai Lay's potato chips... go try them and let me know what you think!, oden, delicious Michelin starred ramen- I'm not joking. You can buy those at conbini in Japan for breakfast if you don't feel like waiting in line. Anyway, you get the idea. Noodles, rice balls, various breads, bentos... lots of good stuff). Paint for one to two hours or take some really cool class like make your own jewelry or use a kit to make my own purse or something (Japan is full of those kits). Go to the gym with a personal trainer who comes, picks me up and works out with me. Read a book while exercising. Go eat out at a fancy Michelin-starred restaurant like Quintessence. Take a nice walk with my husband while admiring nature, perhaps at a park or a cool Japanese garden. Get a fabulous massage with a facial every month or three weeks. Read a book, knit, read Japanese manga, watch a TV show or stream something. Maybe go see a movie. Plan a vacation. Relax in a deep-soaking tub or go to a Japanese bath. Floss, brush teeth, use a Waterpik flosser (I really recommend that thing! Seriously. It can help make flossing fun along with fancy chocolate toothpaste).

You can see they are pretty similar! :)

More on the following questions in Chapter 3 later!

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely yours,
Into the FIRE

No comments:

Post a Comment