Thursday, November 7, 2019

Financial Freedom Blog Post #1

Hello!

Welcome to my journey to Financial Freedom.

This happens to be blog post numero uno!

It just so happens that I am also reading the book: Financial Freedom (A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need) by Grant Sabatier (Foreword by Vicki Robin).

By the way, my nom de plume is "Into the FIRE." Nice to meet you and I do hope you'll say hi below!



Okay. So let's get started!

A little background. I think I'm actually on Chapter 9 now and there are 14 chapters total. Each Chapter has a few action steps or exploratory questions for you to take at the end of the chapter. So join me on this journey and let's start with Chapter 1!

I'm going to fly through this so I can do the action steps on the Choose FI book next! :)

Same caveat as above applies to this book! :)

Chapter 1: What does financial freedom mean to you?

So, to me, I actually don't like waking up early in the morning. I don't think I enjoy commuting very much as well (I mean, actually I'm kind of okay with it but I don't like being stressed that someone will yell at me for being late).

So to me, financial freedom means the freedom to wake up late if I choose to.

I've thought a lot about what I would do if I retired early. Travel the world, live abroad, or volunteer (maybe all three simultaneously!). Paint, read books. I don't know, however, if I would actually do those things if I did have the capability to retire.

Would I instead regress and stay in bed all day and become a schlub?

Some people might say, "Only one way to find out!"

Right now, I am trying to save the max into my 403(b). More on that later.

So, thank you for reading, and this blog post's question for you, Dear Reader: What does financial freedom mean to you?

Have a great night,
Into the FIRE


No comments:

Post a Comment