Thursday, December 31, 2020

Book List :)

 Hello Dear Reader,

I've been working on a post for a long time but haven't been able to post it yet.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a book list!

Here are books I've read or plan to read:

Plan to Read books (sorted into various categories):

Women Focused Finance:

Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin

Financially Fearless by Alexa Von Tobel

Shoo, Jimmy Choo by Catey Hill

Women & Money: Owning The Power to Control Your Destiny by Suze Orman

Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Women's Guide to Financial Freedom by Marianna Olszewski

Nice Girls Don't Get Rich: 75 Avoidable Mistakes Women Make with Money by Dr. Lois P. Frankel

Millionaire Women Next Door: The Many Journeys of Successful American Businesswomen by Thomas J. Stanley

Clever Girl Finance: Learn How Investing Works, Grow Your Money by Bola Sokunbi

Warren Buffet Invests Like A Girl by The Motley Fool and LouAnn Lofton

Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach

Real Money Answers for Every Women: How to Win the Money Game With or Without a Man by Patrice Washington

5 Lessons A Millionaire Taught Me For Women by Richard Paul Evans

The Women's Guide to Successful Investing: Achieving Financial Security and Realizing Your Goals by Nancy Tengler

Smart Mom, Rich Mom: How to Build Wealth While Raising a Family by Kimberly Palmer


Women Focused Career:

Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel

Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong by Jessica Bacal

Own It: The Power of Women at Work by Sallie Krawcheck

Women Don't Ask: The High Cost of Avoiding Negotiation- -and Positive Strategies for Change by Linda Babcock

Fearless and Free: How Smart Women Pivot and Relaunch Their Careers by Wendy Sachs

Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Take Charge of Your Career by Nicole Lapin

The Myth of the Nice Girl: Achieving a Career You Love Without Becoming a Person You Hate b Ran Hauser

She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur by Carrie Green

Business Boutique: A Woman's Guide for Making Money Doing What She Loves by Christy Wright

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Awill Leyba

Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big by Julia Pimsleur

Dear Female Founder: 66 Letters of Advice from Women Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big by Lu Li

Secrets of Six-Figure Women: Surprising Strategies to Up Your Earnings and Change Your Life by Barbra Stanny


Women Focused Self-Help/Inspirational:

Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient by Valorie Burton

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis


Non-gender-specific Finance:

Get a Financial Life: Personal Finance in Your Twenties and Thirties by Beth Kobliner (by the time I read this I'll probably be in my 40s, ha ha ha ha).

Get Money by Kristin Wong

Smart Money, Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey

Peace and Plenty: Finding Your Path to Financial Serenity by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Frugal Isn't Cheap: Spend Less, Save More, and Live Better by Clare Levison

The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham

Smart Investors Keep It Simple: Investing In Dividend Stocks For Passive Income by Giovanni Rigters

Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! - by Robert Kiyosaki

The Complete TurtleTrader: How 23 Novice Investors Became Overnight Millionairs by Michael W. Covel

The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner

Spend Well, Live Rich: How to Get What You Want With The Money You Have by Michelle Singletary

Money, A Love Story: Untangle Your Financial Woes and Create the Life You Really Want by Kate Northrup

Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together by Erin Lowry

You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero

The $1000 Project: An Easy Guide to Mindful Saving and Financial Well Being by Canna Campbell

The Automatic Millionaire, A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach

The Financial Diet: A Total Beginner's Buide to Getting Good with Money by Chelsea Fagan

The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns by John C. Bogel

Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth - - and How You Can Too by Chris Hogan

The Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money: Thirteen Ways to Right Your Financial Wrongs by Jill Schlesinger

Pensionless: the 10-step Solution for a Stress-Free Retirement by Emily Branson

Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner by David Bach


Non-gender-specific Career/Entrepreneur:

Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media by Aliza Licht

Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber

Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne

Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing - Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne

Daring & Disruptive: Unleashing the Entrepreneur by Lisa Messenger


Non-gender-specific Self-Help/Inspirational:

Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rimes

No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy

Believe Bigger: Discover the Path to Your Life Purpose by Marshawn Evan Daniels

You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero

Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guile to Growing an Intentional Life by Lara Casey

Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to Achieve Your Life of Abundance by Steve Harvey

Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life & Achieve Prosperity Today by Lisa Nicols

Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy


Non-gender-specific Health:

Fat Chance by Dr. Robert Lustig (not finance-related, but still a book I plan to read)


Books I have read:

The Spender's Guide to Debt-Free Living by Anna Newell Jones - I read this and I enjoyed it. After I read this book, I realized it's okay for me to try and return anything. That's money that will go back into my pocket (and maybe money I can't afford to spend).

Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required by Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung - I read this and enjoyed it immensely. I thought this was such an interesting story. It was also very memorable. I wouldn't mind re-reading it but I don't have to re-read it because I didn't forget it yet. :) Read this around late October 2019.

The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book by Don Miguel Ruiz - I vaguely remember this but I don't feel the need to re-read it. It was okay.

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz - This book was okay. I don't really feel the need to re-read it. Read this in early November 2019.

Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need by Grant Sabatier - I enjoyed reading this book a lot. Actually, this book was the basis on which I started my blog. Read this around late October 2019.

ChooseFI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence by Chris Mamula and Brad Barrett - I enjoyed reading this book as well. I had planned on doing a series on this book as well. Read this around early November 2019.

You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck-to-Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt... by Jesse Mecham - I sped-read this one. I think it was okay, but I don't feel the need to re-read it. 


Books I have read that I plan to re-read:

Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss and Tahl Raz. This was a great book I sped-read and I would like to re-read it. I don't remember it very well. Also, I'm not sure I can apply it effectively since I'm not a white man, but I suppose I can do my best! Read this in late November 2019.

Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear - This book was amazing. I'd love to re-read it and try and apply it to my life this time. He has a free weekly newletter I recommend you sign up for too. Read this around late October 2019.

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris - I read this but it was a very long time ago. I'd like to re-read it to give it another chance.

Dollars and Sense: How we Misthink Money and How to Spend Smarter by Dan Ariely and Jeff Kreisler - I think I read this in early November 2019. It was good but I'd like to re-read it.

Happy Money: The Science of Smarter Spending by Elizabeth Dunn & Michael Norton - same as Dollars and Sense. I think I read this, I think it was good, I'd like to re-read it. Read in early November 2019.

Can I Retire Yet: How to Make the Biggest Financial Decision of the Rest of Your Life by Darrow Kirkpatrick - I read this. It was a bit hard to digest. I'd like to read it again. Read in mid/late October 2019.

Bonus: a quote from Into the FIRE's father: "My experience is that people love learning, but they resent being taught."

Phew! This was a lot of typing. How was your 2020? I hope it wasn't too bad. Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy 2021.

Warmly,

Into the FIRE

No comments:

Post a Comment